Thursday, June 14, 2007

Tri-Bohumilice

This past weekend my team and I got to visit a town called Bohumilice. The village has 100 houses and a population of about 240 people. We were a part of "childrens day", when all the families hang out together, and got to help plan an obstacle course for the kiddies. They were stinkin adorable.

I was introduced to a little girl named Gabby and her mother Suzana. Gabby is 11 months old with the wisest eyes I have ever seen. I fell for her within the first few minutes of seeing her. Suzana gave me permission to take Gabby around and play with her a little bit. This was huge for me. It was a priviledge to be able to do this. Between language and cultural barriers, it was awesome of her to let me steal her daughter for a little bit. In this itself I was grateful. After making Gabby giggle and seeing her "walk", Suzana brought me a banana with a spoon and asked me to feed her. Suzana sat right next to me while I fed her.

This may seem so simple and ordinary, but I felt God so much in this. She was trying to get to know me, and she embraced me and my EXTREMELY broken english and loved on me anyway. I thought I was supposed to be the missionary.....

We have been in Cesy Tesin since Monday and we got to have some alone time on Wednesday. I got to spend some time with God and thank him so much for that moment of bliss. Between the calming city sounds and all of the random details that I couldn't help but notice and love....I was filled up yet again for more......

Here are some pictures of Bohumilice, Host families, and some awesomes from my team.

Loves.








8 comments:

Jen ♥ Brady said...

MORE MORE MORE!!!

This is so exciting to hear all about your trip and be able to see the beautiful place God has placed you. I am super excited for the more awesomeness to come. Love ya girl!!!

Jon said...

YES! I love seeing those pictures and hearing about your time, it sounds like things are awesome and I am glad to hear it! I can't wait to get out there and see all that green again...Praying for you,

Jon

nate hughes said...

your bible is on my coffee table...

Derek Froeb said...

GAAAA!! I miss you emily! I hope you're having more great experiences like the ones on the blog! Man, you ROCKKKKK!!!!

Will I see you at all when I'm in Czech?

-Froebers

Anonymous said...

Emily!
You are shining and beautiful!!
From the few pictures I can see of you in The Czech, and the few 8 months that I have known you, you look the happiest.
Your smile is the biggest I've ever seen.
Jesus is shining through you!
Keep on keepin on Babe!
Love you tons.
-Sarah Maurer

nursebecca said...

Emily,

That is so awesome! Thanks for sharing that story! It really shows that you are earning the trust of the people...which could lead to an open door to share the gospel! I love your enthusiasm for the Lord and the ministry there! Sounds like you made some "automatic friends" as you mentioned to me before you left! :) I love ya and I'm praying for ya! Keep on serving Him!

Love,

Becca

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun out there!

Traveling abroad is always such an eye opening experience. One grows so much whenever they travel outside of the familiar.

Be safe!

Anonymous said...

Emilileree,
So jazzed for your happiness! I cannot wait to get out there and see you (right, Nate?). I also cannot begin to tell you how excited I am for you and how the Spirit is moving in you through missions. I wish we could spoon! What?

Love!