Sunday, April 29, 2007

God's Works

THE PLANS OF THE HEART BELONG TO MAN, BUT THE ANSWER OF THE TONGUE IS FROM THE LORD. ALL THE WAYS OF MAN ARE PURE IN HIS OWN EYES, BUT THE LORD WEIGHS THE SPIRIT. COMMIT YOUR WORK TO THE LORD, AND YOUR PLANS WILL BE ESTABLISHED.

Proverbs 16:1-3

I purposefully wrote this first. I have been sharing with you for months now about a planted desire, and an action of trying to ask God if this is something He wants me to do. He has challenged me with asking time off work, missing the summer, raising over $4000 dollars and trusting in Him completely....that He can and will do it if I commit to Him.

Financial update is $4995.

He can...and He did.



3 comments:

Jerry said...

Hi Emily. This is Jerry your new teammate I just wanted to say Hi. Plus it is also encouraging to see God's provision in you life.

SarahMaurer said...

God is so Good! He is so good to His children, His sheep, His servants. You are an angel of light, a blessing full of joy and hope, as well as a true friend. God has blessed me with you. Christ shines in and through you. You are a gift from God to me. He has used little bits of you and your words here and there to lift me up when I have been down, to get me on the straight and narrow when I was wandering, and to focus my eyes on Christ when my eyes were focused on worldly things. God bless you Emily as you humble yourself before God and serve the people in the Czech this summer. God be with you; His good and faithful servant.

Erin said...

That is awesome about your support. God is good! I am still a little short I think, it is hard to check since I am already out of the country. But it will work out. See you in a couple of weeks!