Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Portions



Update:
-Official Financial count: $800.00
-Mental Prep: Nervous but it's good & getting prepared
-Prayer Requests: Finances from all angles keep coming in, My nerves climax soon and I use the adrenaline to serve God and students. Pray for their awesome hearts. If we are praying in God's will, it will be done for us. John 15:7

I hate disappointing people. Especially people I love. It seems as though I always fail. The truth is, there is always room for it. Not matter what I do, I am a sinner...therefore I always have room in my actions and in my being to disappoint somebody, or more importantly...

God.

"When my soul was embittered,
when I was pricked in the heart,
I was brutish and ignorant;
I was like a beast toward you

Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
you hold my right hand.
You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will receive me to
glory.

Whom have I in heaven but you?
Any there is nothing on earth that I
desire besides you.

My flesh and heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever"

Psalm 73:21-26

a. This is some sweet poetry!
b. God is faithful and good. Nothing can separate us. Not height and not depth. Disappointing Him sucks, but we have a God who refines us through our mistakes and grows us closer to Him.

He is it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em,
I am so proud of your heart and your willingness to serve Him. You are letting Him use you as He chooses. Although that is a something that creates a huge freaking amount of joy, it also brings about other feelings too, such as fear, vulnerability, uncertainty, and anxiousness. However, when we experience these feelings and do not choose to run away from them, we allow God to mold us and completely use us to identify with others. I am so proud of the way that you have handled all of your feelings, despite how scary they may be at times. How great that we are able to rest in Him and know that He holds ALL things in His hands. Love you mama!

J.R.Hicks said...

EMILY RULES