Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hodim Savli

Two weeks ago, my team and I got to rest and relax with one another in a city called Cesky Krumlov before our first English Camp.

The 1st day we got all of our last minute stuff done that needed to be done before camp. English Lessons, itinerary details etc.

The 2nd day was a day to be just with our team and to pray for the Hradec Kralove camp. We also decided to bond by renting a canoe and a raft that holds 7. We also bought 2 small rafts to "solo float" (good one J) down the river. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! I think it would have been the perfect day if it didn't entail Erin and J crashing on one of the canoe chutes. It ended up being funny, but we were scared for a minute because Erin tends to get hurt a lot in Czech (the past proves....).

Finally, the 3rd day was our free day! YAY! Not so much for Emily..... have any of you noticed my lack of e-mail reply? This was partially due to one full day in bed with the exception of time next to the toilet. Or in front of the toilet. I got super sick for about 24 hours with food poisoning.

MY TEAM TOOK SUCH GOOD CARE OF ME!!!!! I would almost (emphasis: almost) do it all over just to experience their care for me. Ryan, on crutches, hopped over to the nearest restaurant just to get me ginger ale. J walked 30 minutes just to bring me Immodium (sorry, that's a lot of information...). Erin gave me head scratchies and Lucie gave me foot rubbies. It was so sweet. It was so cool to be able to be real with them and not be afraid to tell them what my "symptoms" were (ew). Thanks team, you really do love me.... A LOT.

The 4th day was travel day. We had to leave our Penzion at 6 am and seeing as though I was puking at 1am, we weren't sure that I would make it out of bed. My team prayed for me, Erin prayed over me and by morning, I was weak for sure, but God kept me stable enough to travel 6 hours across Czech. My team, amazing once again, carried all of my bags the whole time. God totally healed me in time to make camp awesome. He gave me energy, like I have asked you to pray for, and enough strength to engage students. Thanks God, so so much!

Hradec Kralove Camp starts.........




No comments: