Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Perfection

Hi. Can I start blogs with "hi"? It's my blog I guess. So hi.

CZECH Prayer update:
-Got work off (3+ months with a job when I return... yesss) We all know God is the only one that can pull that one off
-Almost done with the application, I'll be sending it to Josiah Venture within the next couple days
-Encouragements are flowing from people I love. The most joyful part of the process may I add

"Do I have to be perfect to be consistent?"
This is a question myself and a few friends of mine were faced with this Tuesday Night. Crap. That's seriously a hard question. God says a lot to his followers in His word. How to face, to stay above , and repent from sin when it has or hasn't already completed itself in you. This can be overwhelming for a follower of Christ. Yet a relieving feeling subsides. Relieving, how? Because of this. God has such a great goal for us, that we will never be able to deliver, simply because we are not God. He also warrants so much grace , that it makes up for all that we cannot be or know. He knows we are sinners and that we just...can't...ever be perfect in His plan. So "Do I have to be perfect...." No. Because we can't be perfect. Since we can't be perfect, we cannot be perfectly consistent. "....to be consistent?" Be consistent in Him and He'll fathom the realism of your heart.

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 "But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong."







7 comments:

nate hughes said...

Just wanted to be the first to post a comment!

Yes!

Look forward to receiving your application.

Anonymous said...

Emily....I'm praying for you girl. I also want to encourage you as well. I remember when you first mentioned this to me last year and the excitement and passion I saw from you was a blessing to me. I cant wait to read your updates.

J.R.Hicks said...

THIS IS AWESOME.
Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Em,
I am so freakin' proud of you! I am so very blessed to walk through this time in your life with you and I cannot wait for God to reveal His plan for your life! Gosh, how he always proves his faithfulness! I can remember sitting in the hall in Czech with you last summer, contemplating you going out there that following year...so glad to see your desires to spread the Gospel driving you! Love you monkey!

Kelly said...

Em,
what an A-mazing way to serve God! I'm so pumped for ya! know that you are in my prayers and remember that if God wants you in the Czech, He'll make it happen! so glad you are doing the daniel study!! fun times ahead girlie....

Erin said...

Yay! I'm so excited to read all about what God is doing in your life and what He has in store for you this summer

Dave Creamer said...

I love it. I sent you a longer email too, but I thought some public encouragement might do you some good!