Sunday, January 28, 2007

Bright Lights


UPDATE:
-Haven't sent my Czech app. Dang it, my computer crashed so it's backed me up. I'm sending it soon... :)

Today I was on my way to church just like every other week. I took Scottsdale Road, for some reason, instead of the freeway.
I saw all of the same places I drive by when I'm on Scottsdale. Sapporo, Sauce, Oregano's etc. The oddest thing popped into my head.
First "Those places look so much prettier at night with their pretty lights"
Second "Lord, how can people notice your light in me?"
Third "How can I be bright in the day and in the night. In the darkness and in the light?" (THAT RHYMED!)
Recently I have witnessed a lot of pain in some close friend's lives. Divorce, broken relationships, death and illnesses. This cuts to the core. These people are going through so much pain that I cannot begin to understand the anguish they must bear.
They shine SO brightly. As things get darker and darker around them, their light begins to become more noticeable. I think they recognize that God delivers no matter what. Whether it be from, by or through it, He will deliver. He is sovereign, and He will do what He says He will do. Which is keep us going just when we think we can't take it anymore.
Isaiah 40:31
"...but they who wait for the Lord
shall renew their strenth; they shall
mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and now be weary;
they shall walk and not faint"
My friends are exhausted. They are so tired in their pain.
God does not get tired. He never faints. He doesn't need naps!
Thank you God in heaven, for providing your strength so that the only thing we can do is rely on your fuel for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally!
Isaiah 40:29-31
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." This verse has encouraged me through times of loneliness, depression, and pain. When "life" here on earth gets overwhelming and stressful.....its verses like this and people and friends like you that God uses to lift us up and remind us of what is really important. God does bring joy and hope in the morning.
-Sarah Marah

Anonymous said...

My reality is touched. Tears stream. My depravity becomes so evident. My wandering so intense. Why do I do the things that I hate and yet cannot seem to do the things that I so badly want to do? Who will save me from this body of death? Only You, Christ Jesus. The thing about the name of Jesus is that it is a sentence all by itelf. Jesus. Do you realize that? Stop and say it...if nothing comes to mind - say it again and again - I guarantee it will begin to unfold. I am one of these friends who has experienced the pain and hurts that this world brings upon us. I am a sinner - I have fallen short and I do and I will. I don't feel like my light is bright - sometimes I am not sure if I am lit at all - maybe smoldering - where the smoke is billowing and you see the last little ember before it goes out. Do you search for significance? I do. Problem is I often search in all the wrong places. It usually goes like this: "hey significance, are you in there? Are you over there?" Then when I go over to check it out I end up going "hey, you aren't significance - who or what the heck are you!" As I journey along I begin to understand more and more that what I think I want and need are not even close to what I want and need. Do you ever try and "wiggle" out of your pain? The refining process happens for a reason - it takes time. Could it be that we squirm around and out of what God is taking us through just before He says "ok, good job faithful one." Only to have to go through something else a little bit more difficult and discouraging the next go around. I am a slow learner. A big dumb animal if you will. My prayer is that I would come to accept the fact that God is God and I am not. Interesting: I trust God with my eternity but I don't trust Him with my everyday now? Hmmmmm....