Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I wish I could relay...


Matt Redman and Hillsong were in the Czech Republic on Sunday. In Vsetin... a sincerely small city in Moravia.
Lucy(Brad's wife, the cute blonde that you have been seeing in my pictures) put the whole thing together. Denča volunteered and got to wear this fantastic vest.


Melissa and I (as well as the rest of the people there) were SUPER excited to see all the Czech people come together and worship God.


In the US, we are used to this. Getting together with a young congregation and going to worship concerts at least once a year.


This is a first concert like this for the Czech Republic. 4000 people! Especially in Vsetin, because it is so small!


Matt Redman and Hillsong were both incredible! The worship was extremely alive and it was an amazing gift to see the Czech youth worship like that. I looked behind me at one point and thanked God for making me a part of such a special day for this specific generation in the Czech Republic!

After the concert, we got to hang with a guy from Hillsong and hear about their ministry. It was cool to hear about their journey, their standpoint and where God is leading them. I love how God leads us all in such crazy different directions sometimes. (below is a picture of Brad & Lucy with Hillsong)


During "Mighty to Save" I prayed for one specific student. My team and I had been praying for him before we met him, during our time getting to know him and also after we left him. He just happened to be in my discussion group at the cottage and it was FANTASTIC talking to him. He is incredibly brilliant and I realized we had a lot in common (that sounds funny because I just called him brilliant...). He and I have a lot of the same questions, only I ask these questions to God and he asks them to deny God's existence. I realized by talking to him, how much we have to put under the category of

Faith.
Oh, and by the way, he just asked for a copy of the New Testament (he has only read the Old) to begin reading in the near future. I am smiling right now, but I don't like to type smiley faces in my blog, so you can just think of me smiling instead!

I am so thankful that God is worthy to be trusted and called upon. He really answers prayer!

4 comments:

The Croteau Family said...

Hey I am so jealous that you got to experience the concert in the czech for the first time. We miss you so much! We are going to the lake this weekend so I will take lots of pictures and send them your way! Caiden can't wait to see you again!

Craig Van Korlaar said...

Awesomeness! Will continue to pray for Kamil! Mighty to Save was sung loudly on this end of the world too around the same time...though I'm pretty sure me and Wira's rendition bouncing down a jungle road wasn't quite as good. Wish I could have been there!

SarahMaurer said...

WOW EM!
What greatness and mightiness you are experiencing in the CZECH!
I miss you but am so very blessed to get to keep up w/your endeavors on your blog and email updates. HILLSONG is one of my faves!
God Bess You friend!
-me

Larry & Mary said...

Emily, know that we are praying for you and enjoying your blog, even if we are lousy at communicating right now. (Move went well, but things are a bit nuts in the beginning!) :-)

Great to hear what God is doing.

Love ya!
Mary