Thursday, September 4, 2008

08-08-08

08-08-08 I turned 23. Nate and J pointed out to me that a very small population of the world ever gets to have their birthday on the same number month-date-year. EVER. I won't even begin to explain the train of thought that they had, but I do know that the

conclusion to the madness=rare

So my birthday was great. Not only did I get sung to at midnight on the Charles Bridge, shop with Baubree in Prague but I also got hang out with all the interns for our yearly debrief dinner! JV likes to surprise the interns with a special dinner every year and this year it was dinner on a boat crusing the Vltava






During dinner, I got a VERY special phone call from one of my favorite girls in the Czech Republic. It made me so happy. Marketa, from Hradec Kralove (our first camp city), called me to say Happy Birthday! She remembered....



After we ate, we hung out for a little bit and then we gathered together on the top of the boat to share with one another the awesome things that God had done throughout the summer. This time was so valuable. It still is. It's different sharing experiences like this past summer's with people who experienced extremely similar things along side of you. It's even better to rejoice in the really sweet stuff God did for us and through us all summer. And the things He did to stretch our comforts as missionaries...






No comments: