Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bohumín Camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





So, you remember my blog about Babynec? Yeah, they're from Bohumín. Not to mention, this is Denča's home town! I love these girls. I love Bohumín.

I really love Bohumín. From what I have seen and heard from missionaries prior, everybody falls in love with it. I completely understand why. One girl, named Emily (SAME NAME! WOW!) from California, joined us for the week to help out with teaching. She was an absolute blessing to have, and she is a blast. Her laugh is unlike any other I've ever heard. I got to know her a lot staying in the same house for follow-up as she did. It was awesome to pray for and encourage one another for that couple days alone together.





There were two girls that decided to start their trust in God at camp. I have to dwell on this because these two girls are best friends and they really just hadn't heard of who Jesus was before. As they heard the gospel, they just knew who He is and what He is doing is true. I am so thankful for these girls.

I'll try to relay the fun-factor of Bohumín. We played the best games, had the best evening snacks, laughed SO much, played paintball (my first time by the way and it ROCKED thanks to a little motivation from two teammates who love challenging me...), and ate a lot together. They have a certain pride for living where they do. It is an extremely small town, but if you ask anybody who lives there, they are very excited about it.





The church that we worked with is an apostolic church. You see lifted hands during worship, raising and waiving of flags, people praying at the top of their lungs, a ton of different culture and community and a genuine love for one another and for God.

The week of camp, including follow-up, was full of encouraging one another and having a great time together. I would really love to be a part of what God is doing there one day.

Maybe soon?....

No comments: